LEXINGTON FC – CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
The Lexington Youth Soccer Association (LYSA) has an opening for a part-time (which may evolve to full-time) Club Administrator for Lexington FC (LFC), one of the top select soccer clubs in the region with more than 900 players.
Candidates would be expected to begin work on April 3, 2017, though there may be flexibility on the exact start date. We are seeking candidates that are self-directed, high-energy and patient and have sufficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher; e-mail; website; social media platforms). Organizational abilities, attention to detail, and a strong ability and willingness to work with, most significantly, the Director of Coaching, the Lexington FC Board Members, team coordinators and the players’ families is required.
This position generally includes traditional administrative responsibilities for the soccer club, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Work under the direction and supervision of the Lexington FC Executive Committee and alongside the Director of Coaching and perform such tasks as may be required or requested;
- Be the primary representative of Lexington FC, be the point of contact for leagues and tournaments and the source of communication of information to Lexington FC families regarding administrative (but not coaching) matters;
- Maintain regular, physical office hours of no less than 4 hours per day (Monday–Friday) at the Lexington FC office currently located at Kentucky Indoor, 404 Sporting Court, Lexington, Kentucky 40503;
- Attend all meetings of the Lexington FC Board of Directors Executive Committee (currently in the evening once a month);
- Collect club, team and player information for inclusion on the Lexington FC website (www.lexingtonfc.org) including player and team news;
- Direct and coordinate all aspects of team tryouts including communicating registration details and information, receiving and processing player registrations, communicating with coaches regarding player lists and posting tryout results (primarily May – July);
- Direct and coordinate all aspects of team player registration including managing registration computer program, tracking payments, making payment arrangements (when appropriate) and monitoring the awarding of scholarships and discounts (primarily June – July);
- Handle the rostering of all players, teams and coaches including verifying player birth dates, generating rosters and player cards, assisting coaches with background checks and requirements, assisting with travel permits and travel rosters and otherwise assist team coordinators as needed (primarily June – July); and
- Handle various financial aspects of the club including collecting from registration fees from all players, collecting from team coordinators and paying for training field rentals and referee fees and reporting financial reports and information to the Lexington FC Board of Directors and LYSA.
To apply, send resume along with cover letter to the Marty Tucker, Lexington FC Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, March 3, 2017.